crowning glory

Tricked you! The title has nothing to do with anything that I have to say. The truth is I don't have anything to say. I've been working on a couple of posts for a long time, but they don't seem to go anywhere. So, you are sort of stuck with this.

Life's moving along - tumbling, stumbling but moving. I would soon be among the many that travel an hour or more to get to office. I don't intend to drive down. Company-provided transport is the way to go. I was wondering, along with a few colleagues, if the traffic situation might benefit from employees using company transport as opposed to their cars and bikes. If workplaces can streamline their work hours and provide some kind of carrot to make the employees use company transport, it might help. I haven't done enough research to say if there's enough transportation being arranged by companies, but I think there are many that still prefer to drive/ride down by themselves. These are the ones that need to be targeted.

In my opinion, public transport is next to negligible in B'Lore. People wouldn't want to get crushed on my way to work in those dingy looking buses. Neither would people want to hop from bus to bus, in an effort to reach their work-places. Connectivity is a problem. The BMTC needs to clean up its act and get to work. I have seen a remarkable improvement in the last year, with luxury Volvo buses, Ladies' Specials, Pass Buses and even buses that are routed through major medical facilities. It's a good start.

In other news, Tata announced its 1-lakh car. Here's a take on why that is not good news. I tend to agree with the author. With the (lack of) road sense that we possess, I don't want to see every Tom, Dick and Harry driving in a four-wheeled contraption. Call me whatever but I am praying that the car doesn't take off.

That must've bored you to death. I will stop before you run screaming with your hair flying around. I am scared that your hair might get caught in the door jamb and send you sprawling on the floor. I cannot afford a lawsuit. :-D

Have fun, have a merry christmas!! And in case I don't post again, let me wish you all the best year ahead.

Posted in Labels: |

6 comments:

  1. Karthikeyan Chellappa Says:

    its about time ... just when I get into the mood of blogging again, everyone else seems to stop blogging... hmph! :-)

    well I guess I have to face bangalore's traffic problems someday in the future when I get a bike or a car. I've been getting away all these years using autos. things are so much easier when someone else is doing the driving :-)

    whats with the one hour travel? are you moving to a different apartment?

  2. Bijesh Says:

    @Chells: new office. whitefield. temporary

  3. Karthikeyan Chellappa Says:

    holy crap... god bless you! are they arranging pickup?

  4. Karthikeyan Chellappa Says:

    hmm. never mind, you already mentioned in your blog :-)

  5. Vijay Gandhi Says:

    wassup Biju? no poems for a long time? :)

  6. Bijesh Says:

    @VJ: ennui mate, ennui!